Monday 18 August 2014

Chester Zoo

Well, Monday was spent with an unexpected trip to Chester Zoo.

We were not sure were to spend our day. My partner had the day off, so we wanted to have some quality family time with our 2 year old daughter.

I always believe that the unplanned days out, tend to turn out to be our best days and this was no exception.

The weather was not on our this morning, so spent the first couple of hours wondering what exactly we should do.
We are every lucky to live only 30 minutes away from Chester Zoo, so we decided, on impulse, that we should go and take out a membership as our little girl is beginning to take a big interest in animals, so over the future months/years it will come in very handy.

I am very impressed that the membership also gives us access to other zoo's in the UK, as well as additional benefits such as discount at the shops and cafe and members days where we can take up to 12 guests and they only have to pay half of the standard admission fee.

I'm feeling very proud that we have not only got unlimited access to the zoo, but we are also helping a fantastic charity. The zoo does so much for the animals in its care and carries out so much research, I can honestly say I am happy to be helping, even if it is only through membership. I also authorised the zoo to accept giftaid from our membership....even better :-).

There is much work going on at the zoo with a new part opening next Spring. Looks like it will be a great new part, its looking huge already, cant wait to see the finished project.

Our daughter couldnt wait to explore, on arrival the first part of the zoo you come to is the elephant enclosure.....you cant miss them right?!?! Her little face lit up, I dont think she could believe her eyes!!
This amazement continued to each animal/species she came to, it was so lovely to see.
She actually had her first daytime nap in weeks, I was in utter shock at this, haha! My partner and I found ourselves having to walk around and feeling a little lost by the fact we didnt have to run after her from enclosure to enclosure! Though we did enjoy watching the animals just as much as she did.

Chester Zoo is a very clean place, in all honesty I dont recall seeing one piece of rubbish on the floor, one piece of grass or even hedge not maintained, such a lovely place.

Cant wait to go back! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment